Alabama -- Political History
The following sources are recommended by a professor whose research specialty is the political history of Alabama.
· Alabama Department of Archives and History is an excellent resource for original, primary materials. http://www.archives.state.al.us/
· Webb, Samuel L., and Armbrester, Margaret E. (editors). Alabama Governors: A Political History of the State (University of Alabama Press, 2001).
· Rogers, William Warren, Robert David Ward, et al. Alabama: The History of a Deep South State (University of Alabama Press, 1994).
· Owen, Thomas M. History of Alabama and Dictionary of Alabama Biography. 4 vols. (S.J. Clarke, 1921).
· McMillan, Malcolm Cook. Constitutional Development in Alabama, 1798-1901: A Study in Politics, the Negro, and Sectionalism. (Reprint Company, 1978).
· Key, V.O., Jr. Southern Politics in State and Nation. (Alfred A. Knopf, 1949).
"The Infography about the Political History of Alabama"
© 2009 Fields of Knowledge
Essex, Iowa 51638-4608 USA