Japanese Rock Gardens
The following sources are recommended by a professor whose research specialty is Japanese rock gardens.
· Berthier, François, Reading Zen in the Rocks: The Japanese Dry Landscape Garden, trans. Graham Parkes (University of Chicago Press, 2000).
· Ito, Teiji, The Japanese Garden: An Approach to Nature (Yale University Press, 1972).
· Kuck, Loraine E., The World of the Japanese Garden: From Chinese Origins to Modern Landscape Art (Weatherhill, 1980).
· Kuitert, Wybe, Themes, Scenes, and Taste in the History of Japanese Garden Art. (University of Hawaii Press, 2002).
· Rambach, Pierre and Suzanne, Gardens of Longevity in China and Japan: The Art of the Stone Raisers, trans. André Marling (Rizzoli, 1987).
· Slawson, David A., Secret Teachings in the Art of Japanese Gardens: Design Principles, Aesthetic Values (Kodansha International, 1987).
· Schaarschmidt-Richter, Irmtraud, Japanese Gardens, trans. Janet Seligman-Richter (Morrow, 1979).
· Shimoyama, Shigemaru (trans. and ed.), Sakuteiki: The Book of Garden, Being a Full Translation of the Japanese Eleventh Century Manuscript: Memoranda on Garden Making Attributed to the Writing of Tachibana no Toshitsuna (Town and City Planners, Inc., 1976).
"The Infography about Japanese Rock Gardens"
© 2009 Fields of Knowledge
Essex, Iowa 51638-4608 USA