Addiction -- Spiritual Recovery
The following sources are recommended by a professor whose research specialty is the spiritual recovery of addicts.
· Albers, Robert. (1982) The Theological and Psychological Dynamics of Transformation in the Recovery from Alcoholism. University Microfilms.
· Booth, Leo. (1991) When God Becomes a Drug. Jeremy P. Tarcher.
· Clinebell, Howard. (1998, rev./enlarged) Understanding and Counseling Persons with Alcohol, Drug, and Behavioral Addictions. Abingdon Press.
· May, Gerald. (1991) Addiction and Grace. HarperCollins.
· Mercadante, Linda. (1996) Victims and Sinners: Spiritual Roots of Addiction and Recovery. Westminster/John Knox Press.
· Morgan, Oliver J. and Merle Jordan, eds. (1999) Addiction and Spirituality: A Multidisciplinary Approach. Chalice Press.
· Albers, Robert. (1997) "Spirituality and Religion: Allies or Adversaries?" in Journal of Ministry in Addiction and Recovery. Vol. 4, No. 2.
· Albers, Robert. (1999) "The Spirit and Spirituality of Twelve Step Groups" in Journal of Ministry in Addiction and Recovery. Vol. 6, No.1.
· Albers, Robert. (1994) "Spirituality and Surrender: A Theological Analysis of Tiebout's Theory for Ministry to the Alcoholic" in Journal of Ministry in Addiction and Recovery. Vol. 1, No. 2.
· American Society of Addiction Medicine (ASAM). http://www.asam.org/
· Apthorp, Stephen. (1985) Alcohol and Substance Abuse: A Clergy Handbook. Morehouse Barlow Publishers.
· B., Dick. (1999, rev.ed.) New Light on Alcoholism: God, Sam Shoemaker, and A.A. Kihei, Paradise Research Publications.
· B., Dick. (1995) The Good Book and the Big Book. Paradise Research Publications.
· Belter, E.W. (1990) God in a Bottle or Christ in the Cup. Good Shepherd Health Systems.
· Berry, Carmen and Mark Taylor. (1990) Loving Yourself as Your Neighbor. Harper and Row.
· Berry, Carmen. (1988) When Helping You Is Hurting Me: Escaping the Messiah Trap. Harper and Row.
· Cairns, Thomas. (1986) Preparing Your Church for Ministry to Alcoholics and Their Families. Charles C. Thomas Publishers.
· Clinebell, Howard. (1994 rpt) "Philosophical-Religious Factors in the Etiology and Treatment of Alcoholism" in Journal of Ministry in Addiction and Recovery, Vol. 1, No. 2.
· Hansen, Philip. (1971) Sick and Tired of Being Sick and Tired. Graphic Publications.
· Johnson, Vernon. (1980) I'll Quit Tomorrow. Harper and Row.
· Keller, John. (1991) Alcoholics and Their Families. HarperSanFrancisco.
· Keller, John. (1966) Ministering to Alcoholics. Augsburg Publishing House.
· Kurtz, Ernest. (1979) Not God: A History of AA. Hazelden Publishers.
· Martin, Greg (1977) Spiritus Contra Spiritum. Westminster Publishers.
· Martin, Joseph. (1982) No Laughing Matter: Chalk Talks on Alcohol. Harper and Row.
· Morreim, Dennis. (1991) The Road to Recovery. Augsburg Publishing House.
· Nuechterlein, Anne. (1993) Families of Alcoholics. Augsburg Publishing House.
· Royce, James. (1981) Alcohol Problems and Alcoholism: A Comprehensive Survey. Free Press.
· Sandoz, Jeffrey. (2004) Exploring the Spiritual Experience in the 12 Step Program of Alcoholics Anonymous: Spiritus Contra Spiritum. Edwin Mellen Press.
· She's In Recovery. http://www.shesinrecovery.com/
· Stewart, David. (1960) Thirst for Freedom. Musson Publishers.
· Vaillant, George. (1983) The Natural History of Alcoholism. Harvard University Press.
· Wegscheider, Sharon. (1980) Another Chance: Help and Hope for Alcoholic Families. Science and Behavior Books.
· Woodruff, Roy. (1968) Alcoholism and Christian Experience. Westminster Press.
"The Infography about Spiritual Recovery from Addiction"
© 2009 Fields of Knowledge
Essex, Iowa 51638-4608 USA