English Language -- Oceania (Pacific Islands)
The following sources are recommended by a professor whose research specialty is English dialects.
· Bickerton, Derek, and Carol Odo. Change and Variation in Hawaiian English. Vol. 1: General Phonology and Pidgin Syntax. National Science Foundation, 1976.
· Carr, Elizabeth Ball. Da Kine Talk: From Pidgin to Standard English in Hawaii. University Press of Hawaii, 1972.
· Dutton, Thomas Edward. Conversational New Guinea Pidgin. Dept. of Linguistics, Research School of Pacific Studies, Australian National University, 1973.
· Keesing, Roger M. Melanesian Pidgin and the Oceanic Substrate. Stanford University Press, 1988.
· Laycock, Donald C. Materials in New Guinea Pidgin (Coastal and Lowlands). Australian National University Press, 1970.
· Llamzon, Teodoro A. Standard Filipino English. Ateneo University Press, 1969.
"The Infography about the English Language in Oceania"
© 2009 Fields of Knowledge
Essex, Iowa 51638-4608 USA