Conflict of Interest
The following sources are recommended by a professor whose research specialty is conflict of interest.
· Carson, Thomas L., "Conflicts of Interest and Self-Dealing in the Professions: A Review Essay," Business Ethics Quarterly 14 (Jan. 2004): 161-82.
· Davis, Michael, "Conflict of Interest," Encyclopedia of Applied Ethics, Ruth Chadwick, editor, Academic Press, 1997, 589-95.
· Davis, Michael, and Andrew Stark, editors, Conflict of Interest in the Professions, Oxford University Press, 2001.
· Stark, Andrew, "Public Sector Conflict of Interest at the Federal Level in Canada and the U.S.: Differences in Understanding and Approach," Public Administration Review 52 (Sep. 1992): 427-37.
· Thompson, Dennis, "Understanding Financial Conflicts of Interest," New England Journal of Medicine 329 (April 19, 1993): 573-76.
· Werhane, Patricia, and Jeffrey Doering, "Conflicts of Interest and Conflicts of Commitment," Professional Ethics 4 (Spring-Summer 1995): 47-81.
· Bonham, David H., et al., Conflict of Interest: A Task Force Report, Canadian Institute of Chartered Accountants, 2000. http://www.cica.ca/multimedia/Download_Library/About_the_Profession/HOPPEN_CICA_oCT31.pdf
· Formal and Informal Opinions, American Bar Association, 1924-present. Issued annually and contains many opinions about conflict of interest.
· Luebke, Neil R., "Conflict of Interest as a Moral Category," Business and Professional Ethics Journal 6 (Spring 1987): 66-81.
· Michaely, Roni, and Kent L. Womack, "Conflict of Interest and the Credibility of Underwriter Analyst Recommendations," Review of Financial Studies 12 (1999): 653-86.
· National Institutes of Health, Office of Extramural Research, Conflict of Interest Information Resources Available on the Web, National Institutes of Health. http://grants2.nih.gov/grants/policy/coi/resources.htm
· National Society of Professional Engineers, Opinions of the Board of Ethical Review, National Society of Professional Engineers, 1976-present. About conflict of interest in engineering. http://www.niee.org/pdd.cfm?pt=NIEE&doc=EthicsCases
· Porter, Roger J., and Thomas E. Malone, Biomedical Research: Collaboration and Conflict of Interest, Johns Hopkins University Press, 1992.
· Science and Engineering Ethics 8 (July 2002). A special issue entirely about conflict of interest in science.
· U.S. Office of Government Ethics. http://www.usoge.gov/home.html
"The Infography about Conflict of Interest"
© 2009 Fields of Knowledge
Essex, Iowa 51638-4608 USA