Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder
The following sources are recommended by a professor whose research specialty is the aftereffects of traumatic stress.
· North CS, Nixon SJ, Shariat S, Mallonee S, McMillen JC, Spitznagel EL, and Smith EM. Psychiatric disorders among survivors of the Oklahoma City bombing. JAMA 1999 Aug 25;282(8):755-62.
· Helzer JE, Robins LN, and McEvoy L. Post-traumatic stress disorder in the general population. Findings of the epidemiologic catchment area survey. N Engl J Med 1987 Dec 24;317(26):1630-34.
· Rubonis AV, and Bickman L. Psychological impairment in the wake of disaster: the disaster-psychopathology relationship. Psychol Bull 1991 May;109(3):384-99.
· Bromet E, Sonnega A, and Kessler RC. Risk factors for DSM-III-R posttraumatic stress disorder: findings from the National Comorbidity Survey. Am J Epidemiol 1998 Feb 15;147(4):353-61.
· Breslau N, Kessler RC, Chilcoat HD, Schultz LR, Davis GC, and Andreski P. Trauma and posttraumatic stress disorder in the community: the 1996 Detroit Area Survey of Trauma. Arch Gen Psychiatry 1998 Jul;55(7):626-32.
· Norris FH. Epidemiology of trauma: frequency and impact of different potentially traumatic events on different demographic groups. J Consult Clin Psychol 1992 Jun;60(3):409-18.
· Wilson JP, Raphael B (eds). International Handbook of Traumatic Stress Syndromes. Plenum, 1993.
"The Infography about Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder"
© 2009 Fields of Knowledge
Essex, Iowa 51638-4608 USA