Disabled People in Motion Pictures
The following sources are recommended by a professor whose research specialty is the movie roles of people with disabilities.
· Klobas, Lauri E. Disability Drama in Television and Film. McFarland, 1988.
· Longmore, Paul K. "Screening Stereotypes: Images of Disabled People." Social Policy 16 (Summer 1985): 31-37.
· Norden, Martin F. The Cinema of Isolation: A History of Physical Disability in the Movies. Rutgers University Press, 1994.
· Pointon, Ann, ed. Framed: Interrogating Disability in the Media. BFI Publishing, 1997.
· Smit, Christopher, and Anthony Enns, eds. Screening Disability: Essays on Cinema and Disability. University Press of America, 2001.
· Wolfson, Kim, and Martin F. Norden. "Film Images of People with Disabilities." Handbook of Communication and People with Disabilities: Research and Application. Edited by Dawn Braithwaite and Teresa Thompson. Lawrence Erlbaum Associates, 2000. 289-305.
· Greenhalgh, David. Films Involving Disabilities. http://www.disabilityfilms.co.uk/
· Reynolds-Braun, Vern, director. Picture This: A Film Festival That Celebrates Disability Culture. http://www.picturethisfestival.org/
· Gartner, Alan, and Tom Joe, eds. Images of the Disabled, Disabling Images. Praeger, 1987.
· Nelson, Jack, ed. The Disabled, the Media, and the Information Age. Greenwood Press, 1994.
· Schuchman, John S. Hollywood Speaks: Deafness and the Film Entertainment Industry. University of Illinois Press, 1988.
"The Infography about Disabled People in Motion Pictures"
© 2009 Fields of Knowledge
Essex, Iowa 51638-4608 USA