Aeronautics -- Commercial -- United States -- History
The following sources are recommended by a professor whose research specialty is the history of commercial aeronautics in the United States.
· Airlines of North America. http://www.kls2.com/airlines/n-america.html
· Davies, R.E.G. Airlines of the United States since 1914. Putnam, 1972; Smithsonian Institution, 1982 (rev. reprint).
· Frederick, John H. Commercial Air Transportation. Richard D. Irwin, 1942, 1946 (2nd ed.), 1951 (3rd ed.), 1955 (4th ed.), 1961 (5th ed.).
· Leary, William O., ed. The Airline Industry. Facts on File "Encyclopedia of American Business History and Biography," 1992.
· Smith, Henry Ladd. Airways: The History of Commercial Aviation in the United States. Knopf, 1942; reissued by Smithsonian Institution Press, 1991.
· Solberg, Carl. Conquest of the Skies: A History of Commercial Aviation in America. Little, Brown, 1979.
· Black, Archibald. Transport Aviation. Simmons-Boardman, 1926, 1929.
· Burkhardt, Robert. The Federal Aviation Administration. Prager "Library of U.S. Government Departments and Agencies," 1967.
· Caves, Richard E. Air Transport and Its Regulators. Harvard University Press, 1962.
· Davies, R.E.G., and I.E. Quastler. Commuter Airlines of the United States. Smithsonian Institution, 1995.
· Heppenheimer, T.A. Turbulent Skies: The History of Commercial Aviation. Wiley, 1995.
· Kelley, Charles J., Jr. The Sky's the Limit: The History of the Airlines. Coward-McCann, 1963.
· Ogburn, William Fielding. The Social Effects of Aviation. Houghton Mifflin, 1946.
· Petzinger, Thomas, Jr. Hard Landing: The Epic Contest for Power and Profits that Plunged the Airlines into Chaos. Random House/Times Business, 1995.
· Serling, Robert. When the Airlines Went to War. Kensington Books, 1997.
· Whitnah, Donald R. Safer Skyways: Federal Control of Aviation, 1926-1966. Iowa State University Press, 1966.
"The Infography about the History of Commercial Aeronautics in the United States"
© 2009 Fields of Knowledge
Essex, Iowa 51638-4608 USA