The following sources are recommended by a professor whose research specialty is textual editing.
· Cohen, Philip, ed. Devils and Angels: Textual Editing and Literary Theory. University Press of Virginia, 1991.
· Gaskell, Philip. From Writer to Reader: Studies in Editorial Method. Clarendon Press, 1978.
· Greetham, D.C. Textual Scholarship: An Introduction. Garland Reference Library of the Humanities, Vol. 1417, Garland, 1992.
· McGann, Jerome J., ed. Textual Criticism and Literary Interpretation. University of Chicago Press, 1985.
· Small, Ian, and Marcus Walsh, eds. The Theory and Practice of Text-Editing: Essays in Honour of James T. Boulton. Cambridge University Press, 1991.
· Tanselle, G. Thomas. Textual Criticism and Scholarly Editing. University Press of Virginia, 1990.
· Finneran, Richard J., ed. The Literary Text in the Digital Age. University of Michigan Press, 1996.
· Gaskell, Philip. A New Introduction to Bibliography. Oxford University Press, 1972.
· Gottesman, Ronald, and Scott Bennett, eds. Art and Error: Modern Textual Editing. Methuen, 1970.
· Greetham, D.C. "Textual Forensics." PMLA 111.1 (1996): 32-51.
· Hill, W. Speed, ed. New Ways of Looking at Old Texts: Papers of the Renaissance English Text Society, 1985-1991. Medieval and Renaissance Texts and Studies, Vol. 107, Renaissance English Text Society, 1993.
· McGann, Jerome. A Critique of Modern Textual Criticism. University of Chicago Press, 1983.
· McKenzie, Donald F. Bibliography and the Sociology of Texts. Cambridge University Press, 1999.
· Orgel, Stephen. "What Is a Text?" Edited by David Scott Kastan and Peter Stallybrass. Staging the Renaissance: Reinterpretations of Elizabethan and Jacobean Drama. Routledge, 1991.
· Shillingsburg, Peter L. "An Inquiry into the Social Status of Texts and Modes of Textual Criticism." Studies in Bibliography 42 (1989): 55-79.
· Shillingsburg, Peter L. Scholarly Editing in the Computer Age: Theory and Practice. University of Georgia Press, 1986.
· Thorpe, James. Principles of Textual Criticism. The Huntington Library, 1972.
"The Infography about Textual Editing"
© 2009 Fields of Knowledge
Essex, Iowa 51638-4608 USA