The following sources are recommended by a professor whose research specialty is cloning mammals.
· Briggs, R. and T.J. King. 1952. Transplantation of living nuclei from blastula cells into enucleated frogs' eggs. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. 38:455-463
· Willadsen, S.M. 1986. Nuclear transplantation in sheep embryos. Nature 320:63-65.
· Campbell, K.H.S., J. McWhir, W.A. Ritchie and I. Wilmut. 1996. Sheep cloned by nuclear transfer from a cultured cell line. Nature 380:64-66.
· Wilmut, I., A.E. Schnieke, J. McWhir, A.J. Kind and K.H.S. Campbell. 1997. Viable offspring derived from fetal and adult mammalian cells. Nature 385:810-813.
· Wakayama, T., A.C. Perry, M. Zuccotti, K.R. Johnson and R. Yanagimachi. 1998. Full term development of mice from enucleated oocytes injected with cumulus cell nuclei. Nature 394:369-374.
· Wells, D.N., P.M. Misica and H.R. Tervit. 1999. Production of cloned calves following nuclear transfer with cultured adult mural granulosa cells. Biol. Reprod. 60:966-1005.
· Willadsen, S.M. 1979. A method for culture of micromanipulated sheep embryos and its use to produce monozygotic twins. Nature 277:298-300.
· Schnieke, A.E., A.J. Kind, W.A. Ritchie, K. Mycock, A.R. Scott, M. Ritchie, I. Wilmut, A. Coleman and K.H. Campbell. 1997. Human factor IX transgenic sheep produced by transfer of nuclei from transfected fetal fibroblasts. Science 278:2130-2133.
· Cibelli, J.B., S.L. Stice, P.J. Golueke, J.J. Kane, J. Jerry, C. Blackwell, F.A. Ponce de Leon and J.M. Robl. 1998. Cloned transgenic calves produced from nonquiescent fetal fibroblasts. Science 280:1256-1258.
· Kato, Y., T. Tani, Y. Sotomaru, K. Kurokawa, J.-Y. Kato, H. Doguchi, H. Yasue and Y. Tsunoda. 1998. Eight calves cloned from somatic cells of a single adult. Science 282:2095-2098.
· Kubota, C., H. Yamakuchi, J. Todoroki, K. Mizoshita, N. Tabara, M. Barber and X. Yang. 2000. Six cloned calves produced from adult fibroblast cells after long-term culture. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. 97:990-995.
· Polejaeva, I.A., S.-H. Chen, T.D. Vaught, R.L. Page, J. Mullins, S. Ball, Y. Dai, J. Boone, S. Walker, D.L. Ayares, A. Colmant, K.H.S. Campbell. 2000. Cloned pigs produced by nuclear transfer from adult somatic cells. Nature 407:505-509.
"The Infography about Cloning Mammals"
© 2009 Fields of Knowledge
Essex, Iowa 51638-4608 USA