The following sources are recommended by a professor whose research specialty is community colleges.
· Brint, Steven and Jerome Karabel. 1989. The Diverted Dream. Oxford University Press.
· Clark, Burton. 1960. The 'Cooling Out' Function in Higher Education. American Journal of Sociology, 65:569-576.
· Dougherty, Kevin J. 1994. The Contradictory College. SUNY Press.
· Grubb, Norton. 1996. Working in the Middle. Jossey Bass.
· James E. Rosenbaum. 1998. College-for-All: Do Students Understand What College Demands? Social Psychology of Education, Vol. 2, 1998, pp. 55-80.
· Stern. D., N. Finkelstein, J.R. Stone, J. Latting, C. Dornsife. School-To-Work: Research on Programs in the United States. Falmer Press, 1995.
· Kane, Thomas and Cecilia E. Rouse. 1995. "Labor-Market Returns to Two- and Four-Year College." American Economic Review, 85(3): 600-614.
· Orfield, Gary. 1997. "Going to Work: Weak Preparation, Little Help" in Advances in Educational Policy (ed. Kenneth K. Wong), Vol 3, JAI Press, pp. 3-32.
"The Infography about Community Colleges"
© 2009 Fields of Knowledge
Essex, Iowa 51638-4608 USA