United States Civil War -- Appalachian Region
The following sources are recommended by a librarian whose research specialty is Appalachia during the United States Civil War.
· Duncan, Richard R. Lee's Endangered Left: The Civil War in Western Virginia, Spring of 1864. Louisiana State University Press, 1998.
· Fisher, Noel C. War at Every Door: Partisan Politics and Guerrilla Violence in East Tennessee, 1860-1869. University of North Carolina Press, 1997.
· Groce, W. Todd. Mountain Rebels: East Tennessee Confederates and the Civil War, 1860-1870. University of Tennessee Press, 1999.
· Inscoe, John C. and Gordon B. McKinney. The Heart of Confederate Appalachia: Western North Carolina in the Civil War. University of North Carolina Press, 2000.
· O'Brien, Sean Michael. Mountain Partisans: Guerrilla Warfare in the Southern Appalachians, 1861-1865. Praeger, 1999.
· Paludan, Phillip S. Victims: A True Story of the Civil War. University of Tennessee Press, 1981.
"The Infography about the Appalachian Region during the Civil War"
© 2009 Fields of Knowledge
Essex, Iowa 51638-4608 USA