Education -- Environmental and Outdoor
The following sources are recommended by a professor emeritus whose research specialty is environmental education.
· Carson, Rachel. The Sense of Wonder. Harper and Row. 1990.
· Leopold, Aldo. A Sand County Almanac: With Essays on Conservation from Round River. Ballantine Books. 1974.
· Nash, Roderick. Wilderness and the American Mind. Yale University Press. 1982.
· Simmons, Deborah; Hart, E. Paul; and Hungerford, Harold (eds.). Journal of Environmental Education. Published quarterly.
· Yaple, Charles H. (ed.). Taproot. Coalition for Education in the Outdoors. Published quarterly.
· Yaple, Charles H. (ed.). Outdoor Education Research Symposium Proceedings. Coalition for Education in the Outdoors. Published biennially, 1992, 1994, 1996, 1998, 2000.
· Sobel, David. Beyond Ecophobia: Reclaiming the Heart in Nature Education. Orion Society. 1996.
· Swimme, Brian. The Hidden Heart of the Cosmos. Orbis Books. 1996.
· Nabhan, Gary, and Trimble, Stephen. The Geography of Childhood. Beacon Press. 1994.
· Cornell, Joseph. Sharing Nature with Children. Dawn Publications, 1998.
· Kellert, Stephen. The Value of Life. Shearwater Books. 1996.
"The Infography about Environmental and Outdoor Education"
© 2009 Fields of Knowledge
Essex, Iowa 51638-4608 USA