Blacksmithing -- Design and Technique
The following sources are recommended by an expert whose research specialty is blacksmithing.
· Art Metal Forging. Hawkins, David (A&C Black, 2002).
· The Artist Blacksmith. Parkinson, Peter (Crowood Press, 2001).
· The Contemporary Blacksmith. Meilach, Dona Z. (Schiffer Publishing, 2000).
· Into the New Iron Age. Chatwin, Amina (Coach House Publishing, 1995).
· New Edge of the Anvil. Andrews, Jack (Skipjack Press, 1994).
· Wrought Iron. Kuhn, Fritz (Harrap, 1965).
· The Art of Albert Paley. Lucie-Smith, Edward (Harry N. Abrams, 1996).
· The Art of Blacksmithing. Bealer, Alex (Funk and Wagnalls, 1969; reprinted by Castle Books, 1995).
· The Blacksmith's Craft: An Introduction to Smithing for Apprentices and Craftsmen. (Rural Industries Bureau, 1952; reprinted by Countryside Agency, 1997).
· The Blacksmith's Manual Illustrated: A Practical Treatise on Modern Methods of Production for Blacksmiths, Apprentice Blacksmiths, Engineers and Others. Lillico, J.W. (Technical Press, 1930; reprinted by the Countryside Agency, 1991).
· The British Artist Blacksmiths Association. http://www.baba.org.uk/
· Decorative and Sculptural Ironwork. Meilach, Dona Z. (Schiffer Publishing, 1999).
· Decorative Ironwork. (Rural Industries Bureau, 1962; reprinted by Countryside Agency, 1997).
· Forge and Anvil. Rodrigues, George, producer, and Rogers, Alan, host (University of Georgia Center for Continuing Education, 1999). A book, videos from the television series, and other resources. http://www.georgiacenter.uga.edu/tv/forge/
· Kunst aus dem Feur (Art from the Fire). Hoffmann, Gretl (Julius Hoffmann, 1987). Text in German and English.
· Schmiedearbeiten von Heute (Blacksmithing of Today). Hoffmann, Gretl, and Maurach, Jürgen. (Julius Hoffmann, 1986). Text in German and English.
· Wrought Ironwork. (Rural Industries Bureau, 1953; reprinted by Countryside Agency, 1997).
"The Infography about Blacksmithing Design and Technique"
© 2009 Fields of Knowledge
Essex, Iowa 51638-4608 USA