Battle of the Little Bighorn
The following sources are recommended by a professor whose research specialty is the battle between the Native Americans and the U.S. Seventh Calvary commanded by General George Armstrong Custer.
· Graham, W.A. 1953. The Custer Myth: A Source of Custeriana. Bonanza Books.
· Libby, O.G. (editor). 1920. The Arikara Narrative of the Campaign against the Hostile Dakotas, June 1876. North Dakota Historical Society Collections 6:1-209.
· Marquis, Thomas B. 1931. Wooden Leg: A Warrior Who Fought Custer. Midwest.
· Scott, Douglas D., Richard A. Fox, Jr., Melissa Connor, and Dick Harmon. 1989. Archaeological Perspectives on the Battle of the Little Bighorn. University of Oklahoma Press.
· Stewart, E.I. 1955. Custer's Luck. University of Oklahoma Press.
· Utley, R.M. 1980. Custer and the Great Controversy. Westernlore.
· Custer, Elizabeth Bacon. 1913. Boots and Saddles. Harper and Row.
· DeMallie, Raymond J. 1993. "These Have No Ears": Narrative and the Ethnohistorical Method. Ethnohistory 40(4):515-538.
· Hammer, Kenneth (editor). 1976. Custer in '76: Walter Camp's Notes on the Custer Fight. Brigham Young University Press.
· Hunt, Frazer, and Robert Hunt. 1947. I Fought with Custer: The Story of Sergeant Windolph, Last Survivor of the Battle of the Little Big Horn. Charles Scribner's Sons.
· Nichols, Ronald H. (editor). 2000. Men with Custer: Biographies of the Seventh Cavalry. Custer Battlefield Historical and Museum Association.
· Powell, Peter J. 1992. Sacrifice into Victory: Standing Bear Portrays Sitting Bull's Sun Dance and the Final Summer of Lakota Freedom. IN Evan M. Maurer (editor), Visions of the People: A Pictorial History of Plains Indian Life, pages 81-106, Minneapolis Institute of Arts.
· Scott, Douglas D., P. Willey, and Melissa Connor. 1998. They Died with Custer: Soldiers' Bones from the Battle of the Little Bighorn. University of Oklahoma Press.
· Utley, Robert. 1993. The Lance and the Shield: The Life and Times of Sitting Bull. Henry Holt.
· Utley, Robert. 1994. Little Bighorn Battlefield: A History and Guide to the Little Bighorn Battle. U.S. Government Printing Office.
"The Infography about the Battle of the Little Bighorn"
© 2009 Fields of Knowledge
Essex, Iowa 51638-4608 USA