English Language -- Canada
The following sources are recommended by a professor whose research specialty is English dialects.
· Avis, Walter S., et al., eds. A Dictionary of Canadianisms on Historical Principles. W.J. Gage, 1967.
· Chambers, J.K., ed. Canadian English: Origins and Structures. Methuen, 1975.
· Lieberson, Stanley. Language and Ethnic Relations in Canada. Wiley, 1970.
· McConnell, R.E. Our Own Voice: Canadian English and How It Came to Be. Gage, 1978.
· Orkin, Mark M. Speaking Canadian English: An Informal Account of the English Language in Canada. General, 1970.
· Scargill, M.H. A Short History of Canadian English. Sono Nis, 1977.
"The Infography about the English Language in Canada"
© 2009 Fields of Knowledge
Essex, Iowa 51638-4608 USA