Chinese Women's Studies
The following sources are recommended by a professor whose research specialty is women's issues in China.
· Davis, Deborah, and Stevan Harrell, eds. Chinese Families in the Post-Mao Era. University of California Press, 1993.
· Ebrey, Patricia B., and James L. Watson, eds. Kinship Organization in Late Imperial China, 1000-1940. University of California Press, 1986.
· Watson, Rubie S., and Patricia B. Ebrey, eds. Marriage and Inequality in Chinese Society. University of California Press, 1991.
· Wolf, Margery, and Roxanne Witke, eds. Women in Chinese Society. Stanford University Press, 1975.
· Wu, Yenna. The Chinese Virago: A Literary Theme. Harvard University Council on East Asian Studies, 1995.
· Wu, Yenna. The Lioness Roars: Shrew Stories from Late Imperial China. Cornell University East Asian Series, 1995.
· Chung, Priscilla Ching. Palace Women in the Northern Sung, 960-1126. E.J. Brill, 1981.
· Paul, Diana Y., and Frances Wilson. Women in Buddhism: Images of the Feminine in Mahayana Tradition. 2nd ed. University of California Press, 1985.
"The Infography about Chinese Women's Studies"
© 2009 Fields of Knowledge
Essex, Iowa 51638-4608 USA