Chinese Art History
The following sources are recommended by a professor whose research specialty is art history in China.
· Bagley, Robert, editor. Art of the Houma Foundry. Princeton University Press, 1996.
· Cahill, James. The Painter's Practice: How Artists Lived and Worked in Traditional China. Columbia University Press, 1994.
· Clunas, Craig. Fruitful Sites: Garden Culture in Ming China. Duke University Press, 1996.
· Ledderose, Lothar. Ten Thousand Things: Module and Mass Production in Chinese Art. Princeton University Press, 2000.
· Silbergeld, Jerome. China Into Film: Frames of Reference in Contemporary Chinese Cinema. Reaktion Books, 1999.
· Wu, Hung. Monumentality in Early Chinese Art and Architecture. Stanford University Press, 1995.
· Silbergeld, Jerome. "Chinese Painting Studies in the West: A State-of-the-Field Review." Journal of Asian Studies, 41.4 (November 1987), 849-97.
"The Infography about Chinese Art History"
© 2009 Fields of Knowledge
Essex, Iowa 51638-4608 USA