Vegetables -- Small-Scale Production
The following sources are recommended by a professor whose research specialty is the production of vegetables.
· Coleman, E. 1995. The New Organic Grower. Chelsea Green Publishing Co.
· Grubinger, V.P. 1999. Sustainable Vegetable Production from Start-Up to Market. Natural Resource, Agriculture and Engineering Service (NRAES). http://www.nraes.org/PUBLICATIONS/NRAES104.HTML
· Maynard, D.N., and G.J. Hochmuth. 1997. Knott's Handbook for Vegetable Growers. John Wiley and Sons.
· Pohl, S. (ed.). 1994. Vegetable Production Handbook. Cornell University Cooperative Extension.
· Smith, M. (ed.). 1994. The Real Dirt: Farmers Tell about Organic and Low-Input Practices in the Northeast. Northeast Sustainable Agriculture Research and Education Program, University of Vermont.
· Thompson, H.C, and W.C. Kelly. 1957. Vegetable Crops. McGraw-Hill.
"The Infography about Small-Scale Vegetable Production"
© 2009 Fields of Knowledge
Essex, Iowa 51638-4608 USA