Chinese Philosophy -- Classical Period, Prior to the Qin Dynasty, 221 BC
The following sources are recommended by a professor whose research specialty is Chinese philosophy.
· Graham, Angus C. Disputers of the Tao. Open Court Press, 1989.
· Mote, Frederick W. Intellectual Foundations of China. Alfred A. Knopf, 1971.
· Munro, Donald J. The Concept of Man in Early China. Stanford University Press, 1969.
· Needham, Joseph. Science and Civilization in China. Vol. 2. Cambridge University Press, 1956.
· Nivison, David S. "The Classical Philosophical Writings," in The Cambridge History of Ancient China: From the Beginnings of Civilization to 221 B.C., ed. Michael Loewe and Edward L. Shaughnessy. Cambridge University Press, 1999: 745-812.
· Schwartz, Benjamin I. The World of Thought in Ancient China. The Belknap Press, 1985.
"The Infography about Chinese Philosophy during the Classical Period prior to the Qin Dynasty"
© 2009 Fields of Knowledge
Essex, Iowa 51638-4608 USA