African-American Slavery, Resistance, and Abolition
The following sources are recommended by a professor whose research specialty is African-American slavery.
· David Eltis, The Rise of African Slavery in the Americas (Cambridge University Press, 2000).
· Philip Morgan, Slave Counterpoint: Black Culture in the Eighteenth-Century Chesapeake and Low Country (University of North Carolina Press, 1998).
· Ira Berlin, Many Thousands Gone: The First Two Centuries of Slavery in North America (Harvard University Press, 1998).
· David Brion Davis, The Problem of Slavery in Western Culture (Oxford University Press, 1988; original edition, Cornell University Press, 1966).
· Eugene D. Genovese, Roll, Jordan, Roll: The World the Slaves Made (Pantheon Books, 1974).
· Orlando Patterson, Slavery and Social Death: A Comparative Study (Harvard University Press, 1982).
"The Infography about African-American Slavery, Resistance, and Abolition"
© 2009 Fields of Knowledge
Essex, Iowa 51638-4608 USA