Anti-Semitism -- Pre-Holocaust -- Europe
The following sources are recommended by a professor whose research specialty is the history of anti-Semitism in Europe.
· Katz, Jacob. From Prejudice to Destruction: Anti-Semitism, 1700-1933. Harvard University Press, 1980.
· Lindemann, Albert S. Esau's Tears: Modern Anti-Semitism and the Rise of the Jews. Cambridge University Press, 1997.
· Mosse, George. Toward the Final Solution: A History of European Racism. University of Wisconsin Press, 1985.
· Rubenstein, Richard L. After Auschwitz: History, Theology, and Contemporary Judaism, 2nd edition. Johns Hopkins University Press, 1992.
· Steiman, Lionel B. Paths to Genocide: Antisemitism in Western History. St. Martin's Press, 1998.
· Wistrich, Robert S. Antisemitism: The Longest Hatred. Pantheon Books, 1991.
· Arendt, Hannah. The Origins of Totalitarianism. Harcourt Brace, 1975.
· Friedlaender, Saul. Nazi Germany and the Jews, Vol. 1: The Years of Persecution, 1933-1939. HarperCollins, 1997.
· Hertzberg, Arthur. The French Enlightenment and the Jews. Columbia University Press, 1968.
· Holmes, Colin. Anti-Semitism in British Society 1876-1939. Holmes and Meier, 1979.
· Mendelsohn, Ezra. The Jews of East Central Europe between the World Wars. Indiana University Press, 1983.
· Winock, Michel. Nationalism, Anti-Semitism, and Fascism in France. Stanford University Press, 1998.
"The Infography about Anti-Semitism in Europe before the Holocaust"
© 2009 Fields of Knowledge
Essex, Iowa 51638-4608 USA