Atmospheric Equatorial Waves
The following sources are recommended by an expert whose research specialty is atmospheric equatorial waves.
· Matsuno, T., 1966: Quasi-geostrophic motions in the equatorial area. Journal of the Meteorological Society of Japan, 44, 25-43.
· Yanai, M., and T. Maruyama, 1966: Stratospheric wave disturbances over the equatorial Pacific. Journal of the Meteorological Society of Japan, 44, 291-294.
· Wallace, J.M., and V.E. Kousky, 1968: Observational evidence of Kelvin waves in the tropical stratosphere. Journal of the Atmospheric Sciences, 25, 900-907.
· Salby, M.L., and R.R. Garcia, 1987: Transient response to localized episodic heating in the tropics. Part I: Excitation and short-time near field behavior. Journal of the Atmospheric Sciences, 44, 458-498.
· Takayabu, Y.N., 1994: Large-scale cloud disturbances associated with equatorial waves. Part I: Spectral features of the cloud disturbances. Journal of the Meteorological Society of Japan, 72, 433-448.
· Wheeler, M., and G.N. Kiladis, 1999: Convectively coupled equatorial waves: Analysis of clouds and temperature in the wavenumber-frequency domain. Journal of the Atmospheric Sciences, 56, 374-399.
"The Infography about Atmospheric Equatorial Waves"
© 2009 Fields of Knowledge
Essex, Iowa 51638-4608 USA