James, William (1842-1910)
The following sources are recommended by a professor whose research specialty is the philosopher William James.
· James, William. 1890. The Principles of Psychology. 2 vols. Holt. Republished by Harvard University Press (2003) and by others.
· James, William. 1902. The Varieties of Religious Experience. Longmans, Green. Republished by Touchstone (2004) and by others.
· Skrupskelis, Ignas K., and Elizabeth M. Berkeley, editors. 1992-2004. The Correspondence of William James. 12 vols. University Press of Virginia.
· McDermott, John J., editor. 1977. The Writings of William James: A Comprehensive Edition. University of Chicago Press.
· Barzun, Jacques. 1983. A Stroll with William James. HarperCollins. Republished by University of Chicago Press (2002) and by others.
· Perry, Ralph B. 1935. The Thought and Character of William James. 2 vols. Little, Brown. Republished by Vanderbilt University Press (1996) and by others.
· Allen, Gay Wilson. 1969. William James. Viking.
· Coktin, George. 1989. William James, Public Philosopher. University of Illinois Press.
· Cooper, Wesley. 2002. The Unity of William James's Thought. Vanderbilt University Press.
· Cormier, Harvey. 2000. The Truth Is What Works: William James, Pragmatism, and the Seed of Death. Rowman and Littlefield.
· Edie, James. 1987. William James and Phenomenology. Indiana University Press.
· Gale, Richard. 1999. The Divided Self of William James. Cambridge University Press.
· Gavin, William. 1992. William James and the Reinstatement of the Vague. Temple University Press.
· Goodman, Russell. William James. Stanford Encyclopedia of Philosophy. Stanford University. http://plato.stanford.edu/entries/james/
· James, William, 1842-1910. Papers: Guide. Harvard College Library. http://oasis.lib.harvard.edu/oasis/deliver/~hou00373
· Kuklick, Bruce, editor. 1988. William James: Writings, 1902-1910. Library of America.
· Lamberth, David C. 1999. William James and the Metaphysics of Experience. Cambridge University Press.
· Myers, Gerald E. 1992. William James: Writings 1878-1899. Library of America.
· Myers, Gerald. 2001. William James: His Life and Thought. Yale University Press.
· Olin, Doris, editor. 1992. William James's Pragmatism in Focus. Routledge.
· Oliver, Phil. 2001. William James's "Springs of Delight": The Return to Life. Vanderbilt University Press.
· Pajares, Frank. William James. Emory University. http://www.des.emory.edu/mfp/james.html
· Putnam, Ruth Anna, editor. 1997. The Cambridge Companion to William James. Cambridge University Press.
· Robbins, Brent D. William James. http://www.mythosandlogos.com/James.html
· Seigfried, Charlene. 1978. Chaos and Context: A Study in William James. Ohio University Press.
· Seigfried, Charlene. 1990. William James's Radical Reconstruction of Philosophy. State University of New York Press.
· Shook, John. The Pragmatism Cybrary. http://www.pragmatism.org/
· Simon, Linda. 1998. Genuine Reality: A Life of William James. Harcourt Brace.
· Simon, Linda, editor. 1999. William James Remembered. University of Nebraska Press.
· Suckiel, Ellen K. 1984. The Pragmatic Philosophy of William James. University of Notre Dame Press.
· Suckiel, Ellen K. 1996. Heaven's Champion: William James's Philosophy of Religion. University of Notre Dame Press.
· Talisse, Robert, and D. Micah Hester. 2004. On James. Wadsworth.
· Taylor, Eugene, and Robert Wozniak, editors. 1996. Pure Experience: The Responses to William James. Thoemmes.
· The William James Society. http://www.pragmatism.org/societies/william_james.htm
"The Infography about William James (1842-1910)"
© 2009 Fields of Knowledge
Essex, Iowa 51638-4608 USA