Kushner, Tony (1956- )
The following sources are recommended by a professor whose research specialty is the American playwright Tony Kushner.
· The Theater of Tony Kushner: Living Past Hope. James Fisher. Routledge, 2001 (hardback), 2002 (paperback). A critical study of all of Kushner's work thus far.
· Tony Kushner in Conversation. Robert Vorlicky, ed. University of Michigan Press, 1998.
· Contemporary American Playwrights. Christopher Bigsby. Cambridge University Press, 1999.
· Essays on Kushner's Angels. Per Brask, ed. Blizzard Publishing, 1995.
· Approaching the Millennium: Essays on Angels in America. Deborah R. Geis and Stephen F. Kruger, eds. University of Michigan Press, 1995.
· Thinking about the Longstanding Problems of Virtue and Happiness: Essays, a Play, Two Poems, and a Prayer. Tony Kushner. Theatre Communications Group, 1995.
· "'The Angels of Fructification': Tennessee Williams, Tony Kushner, and Images of Homosexuality on the American Stage." James Fisher. Mississippi Quarterly, Winter 1995-96, Vol. 49, No. 1, pp. 13-32.
· Before the Closet: Same-Sex Love from Beowulf to Angels in America. Allen J. Frantzen. University of Chicago Press, 1998.
· Acting Gay: Male Homosexuality in Modern Drama. John M. Clum. Revised edition. Columbia University Press, 1994.
· Light Fantastic: Adventures in Theatre. John Lahr. Dial Press, 1996.
· "A Prophet in His Time: Premonition and Reality in Tony Kushner's Homebody/Kabul." James Reston, Jr. American Theatre, March 2002. http://www.tcg.org/publications/at/2002/prophet.cfm
· Speaking on Stage: Interviews with Contemporary American Playwrights. Philip C. Kolin and Colby H. Kullman, eds. University of Alabama Press, 1996.
"The Infography about Tony Kushner (1956- )"
© 2009 Fields of Knowledge
Essex, Iowa 51638-4608 USA