The following sources are recommended by a professor emeritus whose research specialty is witchcraft.
· Briggs, Robin. Witches and Neighbors: The Social and Cultural Context of European Witchcraft. 1996.
· Clark, Stuart. Thinking With Demons: The Idea of Witchcraft in Early Modern Europe. 1997.
· Kieckhefer, Richard. European Witch Trials: Their Foundations in Popular and Learned Culture, 1300-1500. 1976.
· Martin, Ruth. Witchcraft and the Inquisition in Venice, 1550-1650. 1989.
· Peters, Edward. The Magician, The Witch, and the Law. 1978.
· Russell, Jeffrey Burton. Witchcraft in the Middle Ages. 1972.
· Godbeer, Richard. The Devil's Dominion: Magic and Religion in Early New England. 1992.
· Kieckhefer, Richard. Magic in the Middle Ages. 1989.
· Kelly, Aidan. Crafting the Art of Magic. 1991.
· Levack, Brian P. The Witch-Hunt in Early Modern Europe. 2d. ed. 1995.
· Macfarlane, Alan. Witchcraft in Tudor and Stuart England. 2d ed. 1999.
· Midelfort, H. C. Erik. Witch Hunting in Southwestern Germany, 1562-1684: The Social and Intellectual Foundations. 1972.
· Monter, E. William. Witchcraft in France and Switzerland. 1976.
· Russell, Jeffrey B. A History of Witchcraft: Sorcerers, Heretics, and Pagans. 1980.
"The Infography about Witchcraft"
© 2009 Fields of Knowledge
Essex, Iowa 51638-4608 USA