Diemer, Emma Lou (1927- )
The following sources are recommended by a professor whose research specialty is American composer Emma Lou Diemer.
· Brown, Cynthia. "An Interview with Emma Lou Diemer, American Guild of Organists 1995 Composer of the Year." The American Organist 29.2 (1995): 36-44. In-depth interview with Diemer on subjects which include MIDI, her philosophy of composing, the composer's voice, and the elements which comprise her compositional style.
· Brown, Cynthia. "Emma Lou Diemer: Composer, Performer, Educator, Church Musician." Doctor of Musical Arts Dissertation, Southern Baptist Theological Seminary, 1985.
· Diemer, Emma Lou. "My Life as a Composer." The Piano Quarterly 129 (1985): 58-59.
· Hinshaw, Donald. "Contemporary Composers: Emma Lou Diemer." Journal of Church Music 18 (1976): 13-15. Overview of Diemer's stylistic characteristics as well as her unique contributions to church music repertoire.
· McCray, James. "American Choral Music with Organ: The Music of Emma Lou Diemer." The American Organist 21.11 (1987): 64-71. Lengthy article deals with approximately two dozen of Diemer's choral works with organ and includes an overview of her stylistic characteristics.
· Schlegel, Ellen Grolman. Emma Lou Diemer: A Bio-Bibliography. Greenwood Press, 2002.
· CD: The Psalms of Emma Lou Diemer, Volume I. Joan Dixon, organist. RBW Record.
· UCSB Special Collections: Emma Lou Diemer Papers. http://www.library.ucsb.edu/speccoll/pa/pamss41.html
"The Infography about Emma Lou Diemer (1927- )"
© 2009 Fields of Knowledge
Essex, Iowa 51638-4608 USA