Embryogenesis -- Neural Induction and Plate Formation
The following sources are recommended by a professor whose research specialty is embryogenesis.
· Sasai, N. (1998). Identifying the missing links: genes that connect neural induction and primary neurogenesis in vertebrate embryos. Neuron 21, 455-58.
· Chitnis, A.B. (1999). Control of neurogenesis -- lessons from frogs, fish and flies. Curr Opin Neurobiol 9, 18-25.
· Streit, A., and Stern, C.D. (1999). Neural induction: a bird's eye view. Trends Genet 15, 20-24.
· Weinstein, D.C., and Hemmati-Brivanlou, A. (1999). Neural induction. Annual Review of Cell Developmental Biology 15, 411-33.
· Lamb, T.M., Knecht, A.K., Smith, W.C., Stachel, S.E., Economides, A.N., Stahl, N., Yancopolous, G.D., and Harland, R.M. (1993). Neural induction by the secreted polypeptide noggin (see comments). Science 262, 713-18.
· Wilson, P.A., and Hemmati-Brivanlou, A. (1995). Induction of epidermis and inhibition of neural fate by Bmp-4. Nature 376, 331-33.
· Suzuki, A., Ueno, N., and Hemmati-Brivanlou, A. (1997). Xenopus msx1 mediates epidermal induction and neural inhibition by BMP4. Development 124, 3037-44.
· Mizuseki, K., Kishi, M., Matsui, M., Nakanishi, S. and Sasai, Y. (1998). Xenopus Zic-related-1 and Sox-2, two factors induced by chordin, have distinct activities in the initiation of neural induction. Development 125, 579-87.
· Mizuseki, K., Kishi, M., Shiota, K., Nakanishi, S., and Sasai, Y. (1998). SoxD: an essential mediator of induction of anterior neural tissues in Xenopus embryos. Neuron 21, 77-85.
· Ma, Q., Kintner, C., and Anderson, D.J. (1996). Identification of neurogenin, a vertebrate neuronal determination gene. Cell 87, 43-52.
· Hansen, C.S., Marion, C.D., Steele, K., George, S., and Smith, W.C. (1997). Direct neural induction and selective inhibition of mesoderm and epidermis inducers by Xnr3. Development 124, 483-92.
· Brewster, R., Lee, J., and Ruiz i Altaba, A. (1998). Gli/Zic factors pattern the neural plate by defining domains of cell differentiation. Nature 393, 579-83.
· Baker, J.C., Beddington, R.S., and Harland, R.M. (1999). Wnt signaling in Xenopus embryos inhibits bmp4 expression and activates neural development. Genes and Development 13, 3149-59.
· Sasai, Y., Lu, B., Steinbeisser, H., and De Robertis, E.M. (1995). Regulation of neural induction by the Chd and Bmp-4 antagonistic patterning signals in Xenopus. Nature 376, 333-36. Errata published in Nature 377, 757, and in Nature 378, 419.
"The Infography about Neural Induction and Plate Formation in Embryogenesis"
© 2009 Fields of Knowledge
Essex, Iowa 51638-4608 USA