Space Weather -- Geomagnetic Forecasting
The following sources are recommended by an expert whose research specialty is geomagnetic forecasting.
· A.S. Sharma. Assessing the Magnetosphere's Nonlinear Behavior: Its Dimension Is Low, Its Predictability High (U.S. National Rep. to the IUGG, 1991-1994). Rev. Geophys., 33, 645, 1995. http://www.agu.org/revgeophys/sharma01/sharma01.html
· D. Vassiliadis, A.J. Klimas, D.N. Baker, and D.A. Roberts. A Description of the Solar Wind-Magnetosphere Coupling Based on Nonlinear Prediction Filters. J. Geophys. Res., 100, 3495, 1995.
· J.A. Valdivia, A.S. Sharma, and K. Papadopoulos. Prediction of Magnetic Storms Using Nonlinear Models. Geophys. Res. Lett., 23, 2899, 1996.
· H. Lundstedt. AI Techniques in Geomagnetic Storm Forecasting, in "Magnetic Storms," edited by B.T. Tsurutani, W.D. Gonzalez, Y. Kamide, and J.K. Arballo, Amer. Geophys. Union, 1997, pp. 243-252.
· Y. Kamide, J.-H. Shue, B.A. Hausman, and J.W. Freeman. Toward Real-Time Mapping of Ionospheric Electric Fields and Currents, Adv. Space Res., 26, 213, 2000.
· L.J. Lanzerotti. Space Weather Effects on Technology, in "Space Weather," edited by P. Song, H.J. Singer, and G.L. Siscoe, Amer. Geophys. Union, 2001, pp. 11-22.
· Space Weather Forecasting with Nolinear Dynamical Methods. Space and Plasma Physics Group at the University of Maryland, College Park. http://www.spp.astro.umd.edu/Research/Forecasting/spaceweather_ns.htm
· Geospace Environment Data Analysis System. Solar Terrestrial Environment Laboratory, Nagoya University. http://gedas.stelab.nagoya-u.ac.jp/
· National Space Weather Program: The Implementation Plan. 2nd edition, U.S. Office of the Federal Coordinator for Meteorology, 2000. http://www.ofcm.gov/nswp-ip/tableofcontents.htm
· Space Weather Architecture Transition Plan. U.S. Office of the Federal Coordinator for Meteorology, 2000. http://www.ofcm.gov/Tplan/swatp.html
· Space Weather Now. Space Weather Prediction Center, National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration. http://www.swpc.noaa.gov/SWN/
· ACE RTSW Dst Prediction with Neural Network Algorithm. Communications Research Laboratory, Hitachinaka, Japan. http://www2.nict.go.jp/y/y223/sept/ace/nnw/
· Space Weather Canada. Canadian Space Weather Forecast Centre, Natural Resources Canada. http://www.spaceweather.gc.ca/index_e.php
"The Infography about Geomagnetic Forecasting of Space Weather"
© 2009 Fields of Knowledge
Essex, Iowa 51638-4608 USA