X-Ray Diffraction and Analysis
The following sources are recommended by a professor whose research specialty is x-ray diffraction.
· International Center for X-Ray Diffraction (ICDD) Provides data base and search manuals for powder diffraction; an excellent source for practitioners. http://www.icdd.com/
· Advances in X-Ray Analysis, Vols. 1-42, available from ICDD on CD-ROM; proceedings of the Denver X-Ray Conferences.
· H.P. Klug and L.E. Alexander, X-Ray Diffraction Procedures (Wiley Interscience, 1974). A valuable resource for practitioners.
· W.G. Stirling and M.J. Cooper, "X-Ray magnetic scattering," Journal of Magnetism and Magnetic Materials, Vol. 200, pp. 755-73 (1999).
· E. Hoinkis, "Small angle scattering of neutrons and x-rays from carbons and graphites," Chemistry and Physics of Carbon, edited by P.A. Thrower, Vol. 25, pp. 71-241 (Dekker, 1997).
· V. Suresh Babu and M.S. Seehra, "Modeling of disorder and x-ray diffraction in coal-based graphitic carbons," Carbon, Vol. 34, pp. 1259-65 (1996).
· B.D. Cullity, Elements of X-Ray Diffraction (Wiley, 1978).
· M.M. Woolfson, An Introduction to X-Ray Crystallography (Cambridge University Press, 1997).
· B.E. Warren, X-Ray Diffraction (Addison-Wesley, 1990).
· H.M. Rietveld, "Analysis of X-Ray Diffraction Patterns," Journal of Applied Crystallography, Vol. 2, p. 65 (1969). The Rietveld analysis of the x-ray diffraction patterns is now an important technique to compare the measured patterns with those predicted for different space groups. Many authors have developed the Rietveld codes.
· V. Suresh Babu and M.S. Seehra, "Site selectivity of Mn atoms in TiAl alloys determined by x-ray scattering," Journal of Materials Research, Vol. 6, pp. 339-42 (1991). This paper describes the use of changes in the line intensities with Mn dopings to determine the site occupied by Mn in TiAl.
· M.S. Seehra, C. Cionca and A. Manivannan, "Thermal expansion of the beta and gamma phases in a Co-Ni-Fe superalloy determined by x-ray diffraction," Journal of Material Research, Vol. 15, pp. 1719-23 (2000).
"The Infography about X-Ray Diffraction and Analysis"
© 2009 Fields of Knowledge
Essex, Iowa 51638-4608 USA