Psychiatric Care -- Ethics
The following sources are recommended by a professor whose research specialty is ethics in psychiatric care.
· Boyle, P. and Callahan, D. (1995). Managed care in mental health: The ethical issues. Health Affairs, 14(3), 7-22.
· Frances, A., Mack, A., First, M., Widiger, T., Ross, R., Forman, L., and Davis, W. (1994). DMS-IV meets philosophy. Journal of Medicine and Philosophy, 19(3), 207-18, 1994.
· Gutheil, T., Bursztajn, H., Brodsky, A., and Alexander, V. eds. (1991). Decision Making in Psychiatry and the Law. Williams and Wilkins.
· Olsen, D. (1998). Toward an ethical standard for coerced mental health treatment: Least restrictive or most therapeutic? Journal of Clinical Ethics, 9, 235-246.
· Sheline, Y. and Nelson, T. (1993) Patient choice: Deciding between psychotropic medication and physical restraints in an emergency. Bulletin of the American Academy of Psychiatry and the Law, 21(3), 321-329.
· Sabin, J. and Daniels, N. (1994). Determining "medical necessity" in mental health practice. Hastings Center Report, 24(6), 5-13.
· Bachrach, L. (1980). Is the least restrictive environment always the best? Sociological and semantic implications. Hospital and Community Psychiatry, 31, 97-103.
· Ganzini, L. and Lee, M. (1993). Authenticity, autonomy, and mental disorders. The Journal of Clinical Ethics, 4(1), 58-60.
· Olsen, D. (1995). Ethical cautions in the use of outcomes for resource allocation in the managed care environment of mental health. Archives of Psychiatric Nursing, 9, 173-178.
· Olsen, D. (1998). Ethical considerations of video monitoring psychiatric patients in seclusion and restraint. Archives of Psychiatric Nursing, 12, 90-94.
· Riso, L., Klien, D., Anderson, R., Ouimette, P. and Lizardi, H. (1994). Concordance between patients and informants on the personality disorder examination. American Journal of Psychiatry, 151, 568-573.
· Sullivan, M. and Youngner, S. (1994). Depression, competence, and the right to refuse lifesaving medical treatment. American Journal of Psychiatry, 151, 971-978.
"The Infography about the Ethics of Psychiatric Care"
© 2009 Fields of Knowledge
Essex, Iowa 51638-4608 USA