Framing Effects in Marketing Communications
The following sources are recommended by a professor whose research specialty is the effects of framing communication.
· Kahneman, D., and Tversky, A. (1979). Prospect theory: An analysis of decision under risk. Econometrica, 47, 263-291.
· Kühberger, A. (1998). The influence of framing on risky decisions: A meta-analysis. Organizational Behavior and Human Decision Processes, 75, 23-55.
· Levin, I.P., Schneider, S.L., and Gaeth, G.J. (1998). All frames are not created equal: A typology and critical analysis of framing effects. Organizational Behavior and Human Decision Processes, 76, 149-188.
· Neale, M.A., Huber V.L., and Northcraft, G.B. (1987). The framing of negotiations: Context versus task frames. Organizational Behavior and Human Decision Processes, 39, 228-241.
· Rothman, A.J., and Salovey, P. (1977). Shaping perceptions to motivate health behavior: The role of message framing. Psychological Bulletin, 121, 3-19.
· Tversky, A., and Kahneman, D. (1981). The framing of decisions and the psychology of choice. Science, 211, 453-458.
· Fagley, N.S., and Miller, P.M. (1997). Framing effects and arenas of choice: Your money or your life? Organizational Behavior and Human Decision Processes, 71, 355-373.
· Fischhoff, B. (1983). Predicting frames. Journal of Experimental Psychology: Learning, Memory, and Cognition, 9, 103-116.
· Frisch, D. (1993). Reasons for framing effects. Organizational Behavior and Human Decision Processes, 54, 399-429.
· Kahneman, D., and Tversky, A. (1984). Choices, values, and frames. American Psychologist, 39, 341-350.
· Levin, I.P., and Gaeth, G.J. (1988). How consumers are affected by the framing of attribute information before and after consuming the product. Journal of Consumer Research, 15, 374-378.
· Levin, I.P., Gaeth, G.J., Schreiber, J., and Lauriola, M. (2002). A new look at framing effects: Distribution of effect sizes, individual differences, and independence of types of effects. Organizational Behavior and Human Decision Processes, 88, 411-429.
· Maheswaran, D., and Meyers-Levy, J. (1990). The influence of message framing and issues involvement. Journal of Marketing Research, 27, 361-367.
· Shafir, E., and Le Boeuf, R.A. (2002). Rationality. Annual Review of Psychology, 53, 491-517.
· Stanovich, K.E., and West, R.F. (1998). Individual differences in framing and conjunction effects. Thinking and Reasoning, 4, 289-317.
"The Infography about Framing Effects in Marketing Communications"
© 2009 Fields of Knowledge
Essex, Iowa 51638-4608 USA