Sessions, Roger (1896-1985)
The following sources are recommended by a professor whose research specialty is Roger Sessions.
· Sessions, Roger. Questions about Music (Harvard University Press, 1970/R1971).
· Sessions, Roger. Ed by E.T. Cone. Roger Sessions on Music: Collected Essays (Princeton University Press, 1979).
· Sessions, Roger. The Musical Experience of Composer, Performer, Listener. (Princeton University Press, 1950/R1962).
· Olmstead, Andrea. Roger Sessions and His Music (UMI Research Press, 1985).
· Olmstead, Andrea. Conversations with Roger Sessions (Northeastern University Press, 1987).
· Olmstead, Andrea, ed. The Correspondence of Roger Sessions (Northeastern University Press, 1992).
· The Roger Sessions Society http://www.uncwil.edu/music/sessionssociety/
· Imbrie, Andrew. "Roger Sessions: In Honor of His 65th Birthday," Perspectives of New Music 1/1 (1962), 117-47; repr. in B. Boretz and E.T. Cone, eds., Perspectives on American Composers (W.W. Norton, 1971), 59.
· Imbrie, Andrew. "The Symphonies of Roger Sessions," Tempo 103 (1972), 24-32.
· Campbell, Allan. Roger Sessions's Adoption of the Twelve-Tone Method (Diss., City University of New York, 1990).
· Olmstead, Andrea. "Interviews with Roger Sessions, 1974-1980," Yale Oral History of American Music. http://www.yale.edu/oham/
· Olmstead, Andrea. "Roger Sessions," in The New Grove Dictionary of Music and Musicians. Grove, 2001. Includes works list and bibliography.
"The Infography about Roger Sessions (1896-1985)"
© 2009 Fields of Knowledge
Essex, Iowa 51638-4608 USA