Church and State -- Separation
The following sources are recommended by a professor whose research specialty is the separation of church and state.
· Stephen M. Feldman, Please Don't Wish Me a Merry Christmas: A Critical History of the Separation of Church and State (1997). An extensive critical history and analysis of the separation of church and state from its roots in antiquity to the present day in the United States.
· Frank S. Ravitch, School Prayer and Discrimination: The Civil Rights of Religious Minorities and Dissenters (1999). An exploration of how religious practices in public schools engender difficulties for religious outgroups and minorities.
· Thomas J. Curry, The First Freedoms: Church and State in America to the Passage of the First Amendment (1986). Historical study of the development of the separation of church and state in America before the adoption of the Bill of Rights.
· Leonard W. Levy, The Establishment Clause: Religion and the First Amendment (1986). Examines the understanding of the establishment of religion at the time of the American constitutional framing.
· Separation of Church and State. The Secular Web. Contains a helpful listing of recent books and links to other sources related to church-state relations. http://www.infidels.org/library/modern/church-state/
· Religionlaw -- Law and Religion Issues for Law Academics. An online discussion group that includes many scholars of church-state relations. http://lists.ucla.edu/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/religionlaw
"The Infography about the Separation of Church and State"
© 2009 Fields of Knowledge
Essex, Iowa 51638-4608 USA