Amphibian Population Decline
The following sources are recommended by a professor whose research specialty is the decline of amphibian populations.
· Alford, R.A., and S.J. Richards. (1999) Global amphibian declines: a problem in applied biology. Annual Review of Ecology and Systematics: 30; 133-165.
· Daszak, P., Berger, L., Cunningham, A.A., Hyatt, A.D., Green, D.E., and Speare, R. (1999) Emerging infectious diseases and amphibian population declines. Emerging Infectious Diseases: 5; 735-748.
· Houlahan, J.E., Findlay, C.S., Schmidt, B.R., Meyer, A.H., and Kuzmin, S.L. (2000) Quantitative evidence for global amphibian population declines. Nature: 404; 752-755.
· Kiesecker, J.M., Blaustein, A.R., and Belden, L.K. (2001) Complex causes of amphibian population declines. Nature: 410; 681-684.
· The Declining Amphibian Populations Task Force (DAPTF). http://www.open.ac.uk/daptf/
· Amphibiaweb. An information system providing comprehensive data on the biology and conservation of amphibians, with individual species accounts. http://amphibiaweb.org/
"The Infography about the Decline of Amphibian Populations"
© 2009 Fields of Knowledge
Essex, Iowa 51638-4608 USA