Knights of Labor
The following sources are recommended by a professor whose research specialty is the Knights of Labor.
· Fink, Leon. Workingmen's Democracy: The Knights of Labor and American Politics, (University of Illinois, 1983).
· Kealey, George S., and Bryan D. Palmer. Dreaming of What Might Be: The Knights of Labor in Ontario, 1880-1890, (University Press, 1982).
· Powderly, Terence. The Path I Trod: The Autobiography of Terence V. Powderly, edited by Harry J. Carman, Henry David, and Paul N. Guthrie, (AMS Press, 1968, Reprint of 1940 edition).
· Voss, Kim. The Making of American Exceptionalism: The Knights of Labor and Class Formation in the Nineteenth Century, (Cornell University Press, 1993).
· Ware, Norman J. The Labor Movement in the United States, 1860-1895: A Study in Democracy, (D. Appleton, 1929).
· Weir, Robert E. Beyond Labor's Veil: The Culture of the Knights of Labor, (Pennsylvania State University Press, 1996).
· Birdsall, William C. "The Problem of Structure in the Knights of Labor," Industrial and Labor Relations Review 6 (July 1953), 532-546.
· Cassity, Michael J. "Modernization and Social Crisis: The Knights of Labor and a Midwest Community, 1885-1886," Journal of American History 66 (June 1979), 41-61.
· Garlock, Jonathan. Guide to Local Assemblies of the Knights of Labor, (Greenwood Press, 1982).
· Goldberg, Judith L. "Strikes, Organizing and Change: The Knights of Labor in Philadelphia, 1869-1890," Ph.D. diss., (New York University, 1985).
· McLaurin, Melton. The Knights of Labor in the South, (Greenwood Press, 1977).
· Oestreicher, Richard. Solidarity and Fragmentation: Working People and Consciousness in Detroit, 1875-1900, (University of Illinois Press, 1986).
· Rachleff, Peter J. Black Labor in the South: Richmond, Virginia, 1865-1890, (Temple University Press, 1984).
· Weir, Robert. "Tilting at Windmills: Powderly and the Home Club," Labor History 34 (Winter 1993), 84-113.
"The Infography about the Knights of Labor"
© 2009 Fields of Knowledge
Essex, Iowa 51638-4608 USA