The following sources are recommended by an expert whose research specialty is stone sculpture.
· Lester Burbank Bridaham, Gargoyles, Chimeres and the Grotesque in French Gothic Sculpture, Da Capo Press Series in Architecture and Decorative Art, Vol 21, Da Capo Press, 1969.
· Ronald Sheridan and Ann Ross, Gargoyles and Grotesques: Paganism in the Medieval Church, New York Graphic Society, 1975.
· Rosemary Cramp, Grammar of Anglo-Saxon Ornament: A General Introduction to the Corpus of Anglo-Saxon Stone Sculpture, Oxford University, 1991.
· Nurith Kenaan-Kedar, Marginal Sculpture in Medieval France: Towards the Deciphering of an Enigmatic Pictoral Language, Ashgate Publishing Company, 1995.
· Whitney S. Stoddard, Sculptors of the West Portals of Chartres Cathedral, W.W. Norton and Company, 1992.
· Anthony Weir and James Jerman, Images of Lust: Sexual Carvings on Medieval Churches, B.T. Batsford Ltd., 1993
· Digital Grammar of Anglo-Saxon Ornament. http://www.dur.ac.uk/corpus/Corpus_Website_Main_Folder/grammar_pages/Grammar_front_page.htm
· Scotland's Early Medieval Sculptured Stones. http://www.gla.ac.uk/Acad/Archaeology/projects/SSEMS_web/
· The Limestone Sculpture Provenance Project. http://www.limestonesculptureanalysis.com/
· Overview of European Sculptors (1200 - 1750). http://gallery.euroweb.hu/tours/sculptor/index.html
· 1200 Years of Italian Sculpture. http://www.thais.it/scultura/scultura.htm
· Gothic Sculpture. http://www.owlnet.rice.edu/~hart205/Gothic/
· New York Carver -- Gothic Stone Carving. http://www.newyorkcarver.com/photogal.htm
· Musée de Augustins: Romanesque and Gothic Sculpture. http://www.augustins.org/en/collections/sculptures/romanes/
· The West Front of Westminster Abbey. http://www.westminster-abbey.org/search/13683?query=West+Front
"The Infography about Stone Carving"
© 2009 Fields of Knowledge
Essex, Iowa 51638-4608 USA