Metals and Intermetallic Compounds -- Point Defects and Diffusion in
The following sources are recommended by a professor whose research specialty is defects in metals.
· J. Philibert, Atom Movements: Diffusion and Mass Transport in Solids (Les Éditions de Physique, 1991). An excellent, well-written, and illustrated text on point defects and diffusion.
· H. Mehrer, ed., Diffusion in Solid Metals and Alloys (Springer-Verlag, 1995). Comprehensive review articles on diffusion and diffusion mechanisms involving point defects in metals, alloys and intermetallic compounds.
· F. Agullo-Lopez, C.R.A. Catlow, and P.D. Townsend, Point Defects in Materials (Academic Press, 1988). Wide-ranging overview of defects and defect phenomena for most classes of solids using experimental and computational methods.
· A.R. Allnatt and A.B. Lidiard, Atomic Transport in Solids (Cambridge University Press, 1993). Advanced statistical theory of point defects.
· S. Mrowec, Defects and Diffusion in Solids: An Introduction (Elsevier, 1980), Materials Science Monographs, vol. 5. Excellent text, with particular attention to oxides and other insulating systems and to defect equilibria.
· C.P. Flynn, Point Defects and Diffusion (Clarendon Press, 1972). Comprehensive, advanced treatise.
· Defect and Diffusion Forum. A journal containing original articles as well as comprehensive periodic collections of edited abstracts of publications on all aspects of defects and diffusion in solids. Collections are organized by classes of materials (e.g., metals, oxides, semiconductors) and have extensive cross-referenced indices. http://www.scientific.net/1012-0386/
· U. Gonser, ed., Microscopic Methods in Metals (Springer-Verlag, 1986). Descriptions of a number of methods used for the study of point defects, particularly chapters 4-6, 9, and 11-13.
· H.J. Wollenberger, "Point Defects," Chapter 17 in Physical Metallurgy, R.W. Cahn and P. Haasen, eds. (North-Holland Physics Publishing, 1983), Part II, pp. 1139-221. Description of methods used to measure properties of point defects in metals, with tabulated properties.
"The Infography about Point Defects and Diffusion in Metals and Intermetallic Compounds"
© 2009 Fields of Knowledge
Essex, Iowa 51638-4608 USA