The following sources are recommended by a professor whose research specialty is Pacific salmon.
· Brett, J. R. 1983. Life energetics of sockeye salmon, Oncorhynchus nerka. In Behavioral Energetics: The Cost of Survival in Vertebrates. Edited by W. P. Aspey and S. I. Lustick. Ohio State University Press, Columbus, Ohio. pp. 29-63.
· Chapman, D. W. 1966. Food and space as regulators of salmonid populations in streams. American Naturalist. 100: 345-357.
· Hoar, W. S. 1976. Smolt transformation: evolution, behavior, and physiology. Journal of the Fisheries Research Board of Canada. 33: 1233-1252.
· Ricker, W. E. 1972. Hereditary and environmental factors affecting certain salmonid populations. In The stock concept in Pacific salmon. Edited by R.C. Simon and P.A. Larkin. H. R. MacMillan Lectures in Fisheries, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, B.C. pp. 19-160.
· Royce, W. F., L. S. Smith, and A. C. Hartt. 1968. Models of oceanic migrations of Pacific salmon and comments on guidance mechanisms. Fishery Bulletin. 66: 441-462.
· Scholz, A. T., R. M. Horrall, J. C. Cooper, and A. D. Hasler. 1976. Imprinting to chemical cues: the basis for home stream selection in salmon. Science. 192: 1247-1249.
· Ricker, W. E. 1954. Stock and recruitment. Journal of the Fisheries Board of Canada. 11: 559-623.
· Brannon, E.L. 1972. Mechanims controlling migration of sockeye salmon fry. International Pacific Salmon Fisheries Commission Bulletin 21: 86 p.
· Hanson, A. J., and H. D. Smith. 1967. Mate selection in a population of sockeye salmon (Oncorhynchus nerka) of mixed age-groups. Journal of the Fisheries Research Board of Canada. 24: 1955-1977.
"The Infography about Pacific Salmon"
© 2009 Fields of Knowledge
Essex, Iowa 51638-4608 USA