Communication -- Philosophy of
The following sources are recommended by a professor whose research specialty is the philosophy of communication.
· Anderson, J.A. (1996). Communication theory: Epistemological foundations. The Guilford Press.
· Barnouw, E., Gerbner, G., Schramm, W., Worth, T.L., and Gross, L. (Eds.). (1989). International encyclopedia of communications (4 volumes). Oxford University Press.
· Communication Institute for Online Scholarship http://cios.org
· Meta Discourses Theory for Communication http://www.colorado.edu/communication/meta-discourses/index.htm
· Craig, R.T. (1999). Communication theory as a field. Communication Theory, 9, 119-161.
· Littlejohn, S.W. (1999). Theories of human communication, Sixth Edition. Wadsworth Publishing Co.
"The Infography about the Philosophy of Communication"
© 2009 Fields of Knowledge
Essex, Iowa 51638-4608 USA