The following sources are recommended by a professor whose research specialty is cotton ginning.
· Thomasson, J. A. 1990. A review of cotton gin trash disposal and utilization. In Proc. Beltwide Cotton Production Res. Conf., 689-705. National Cotton Council of America.
· Anthony, W. S. and W. D. Mayfield, eds. 1994. Cotton Ginners Handbook, 348 pp. U.S. Department of Agriculture, Agricultural Handbook 503.
· Bennett, C. A. 1961. Saw and toothed cotton ginning developments. 80 pp. Texas Cotton Ginners' Association.
· Bennett, C. A. 1932. Apparatus for drying seed cotton. U.S. Patent 1,871,773.
· Van Doorn, D. W. 1954. Processing and apparatuses for separating trash from lint cotton and the like. U.S. Patent 2,681,476.
· Bennett, C. A. 1962. Cotton ginning systems and auxiliary developments. 101 pp. Texas Cotton Ginners' Association.
· Brooks, E. C. 1911. The story of cotton. 370 pp. Rand McNally and Co.
· Brown, H. B. 1927. Cotton: history, species, varieties, morphology, breeding, culture, diseases, marketing and uses. 592 pp. McGraw-Hill.
· Moore, V. P. and A. C. Grifin. 1964. The relationship of moisture to cotton quality preservation at gins. 12 pp. U. S. Department of Agriculture, Agricultural Research Service, ARS-42-105.
· Anthony, W. S. 1990. Performance characteristics of cotton ginning machinery. Transactions of the ASAE 33:1089-1098.
· Baker, R. V. 1978. Performance characteristics of saw-type lint cleaners. Transactions of the ASAE 21:1081-1087, 1091.
· Kirk, I. W., T. E. Wright, and K. H. Read. 1979. Particulate emissions from commercial cotton ginning operations. Transactions of the ASAE 22:894-898.
"The Infography about Cotton Ginning"
© 2009 Fields of Knowledge
Essex, Iowa 51638-4608 USA