New York City Police
The following sources are recommended by a professor whose research specialty is the New York City Police Department.
· Costello, Augustine E. 1972. Our Police Protectors: History of the New York Police from the Earliest Period to the Present Time. Originally published 1883. Patterson Smith.
· Lardner, James, and Thomas Reppetto. 2000. NYPD: A City and Its Police. Henry Holt.
· Miller, Wilbur. 1977. Cops and Bobbies: Police Authority in New York and London, 1830-1870. University of Chicago Press.
· Richardson, James. 1970. The New York Police: Colonial Times to 1901. Oxford.
· Silverman, Eli B. 1999. NYPD Battles Crime: Innovative Strategies in Policing. Northeastern University Press.
· Uviller, H. Richard. 1988. Tempered Zeal: A Columbia Law Professor's Year on the Streets with the New York City Police. Contemporary Books.
"The Infography about New York City Police"
© 2009 Fields of Knowledge
Essex, Iowa 51638-4608 USA