Alabama -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865
The following sources are recommended by a librarian whose research specialty is Alabama during the Civil War.
· The Alabama Confederate Reader. McMillan, Malcolm Cook. University of Alabama Press, 1963. Reprinted: University of Alabama Press, 1992.
· Alabama, Her History, Resources, War Record, and Public Men: From 1540 to 1872. Brewer, Willis. Barrett and Brown, 1872. Reprinted: Reprint Co., 1975.
· A Belle of the Fifties:. Memoirs of Mrs. Clay, of Alabama, Covering Social and Political Life in Washington and the South, 1853-66. Clay-Clopton, Virginia. Doubleday, Page and Company, 1905.
· Civil War and Reconstruction in Alabama. Fleming, Walter L. Columbia University Press, 1905. Reprinted: Reprint Co., 1978.
· Confederate Military History: A Library of Confederate States History. Evans, Clement Anselm, ed. Confederate Publishing Co., 1899. Reprinted: Broadfoot, 1987.
· Partners in Rebellion: Alabama Women in the Civil War. Sterkx, H.E. Fairleigh Dickinson University Press 1970.
· Alabama Civil War Roots. Golowka, Carolyn. http://www.rootsweb.com/~alcwroot/lnk_units.htm
· A Blockaded Family: Life in Southern Alabama during the Civil War. Hague, Parthenia Antoinette. Houghton, Mifflin, 1888. Reprinted: University of Nebraska Press, 1991.
· "Brief Historical Sketches of Military Organizations Raised In Alabama during the Civil War." Alabama, Her History, Resources, War Record, and Public Men: From 1540 to 1872. Brewer, Willis. Barrett and Brown, 1872. Reprinted: Reprint Co., 1975. http://www.archives.state.al.us/referenc/alamilor/mil_org.html
· The Civil War in Alabama. Jones, Kenneth. Tarleton State University. http://www.tarleton.edu/~kjones/alabama.html
· Civil War Rosters: Alabama. http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Lair/3680/cw/cw-al.html
· Confederate Home Front: Montgomery during the Civil War. Rogers, William Warren. University of Alabama Press, 1999.
· Confederate Mobile. Bergeron, Arthur W. University Press of Mississippi, 1991. Reprinted: Louisiana State University Press, 2000.
· Fort Blakeley, Alabama: Scene of Last Major Battle of the Civil War. http://www.siteone.com/tourist/blakeley/index.html
· Guarding Greensboro: A Confederate Company in the Making of a Southern Community. Hubbs, G. Ward. University of Georgia Press, 2003.
· Hard Times: The Civil War in Huntsville and North Alabama. Rice, Charles. Old Huntsville, 1994.
· The Secession Movement in Alabama. Denman, Clarence Phillips. Alabama State Dept. of Archives and History, 1933. Reprinted: Books for Libraries Press, 1971.
"The Infography about Alabama during the Civil War, 1861-1865"
© 2009 Fields of Knowledge
Essex, Iowa 51638-4608 USA