Grandparents Raising Grandchildren -- United States
The following sources are recommended by a professor whose research specialty is custodial grandparents in America.
· Casper LM, and Bryson K. Co-resident grandparents and their grandchildren: Grandparent maintained families. Population Working Paper Series #26. U.S. Bureau of the Census, 1998. http://www.census.gov/population/www/documentation/twps0026/twps0026.html
· Fuller-Thomson E, and Minkler M. The mental and physical health of grandmothers who are raising their grandchildren. Journal of Mental Health and Aging 6(4): 311-323, 2000.
· Minkler M. Intergenerational families headed by grandparents: Contexts, realties and implications for policy. Journal of Aging Studies 13: 199-218, 1999.
· Hayslip B, and Roldberg-Glen R (Eds.). Grandparents Raising Grandchildren: Theoretical, Empirical and Clinical Perspectives. Springer Publishing, 2000.
· Scinovacz ME. Grandparents today: A demographic profile. Gerontologist 38: 37-52, 1998.
· Beltran A. A Guide to the National Family Caregiver Support Program and Its Inclusion of Grandparents and Other Relatives Raising Children. Generations United, 2001. http://ipath.gu.org/documents/A0/NFCSP_Guide.pdf
"The Infography about Grandparents Raising Grandchildren in the United States"
© 2009 Fields of Knowledge
Essex, Iowa 51638-4608 USA