English Language -- Caribbean
The following sources are recommended by a professor whose research specialty is English dialects.
· Alleyne, Mervyn C. A Linguistic Perspective on the Caribbean. Latin American Program, Woodrow Wilson International Center for Scholars, 1985.
· Brathwaite, Kamau. History of the Voice: The Development of Nation Language in Anglophone Caribbean Poetry. New Beacon, 1984.
· Cassidy, F.G. Jamaica Talk: Three Hundred Years of the English Language in Jamaica. Macmillan, 1961.
· Christie, Pauline, ed. Caribbean Language Issues, Old and New: Papers in Honour of Professor Mervyn Alleyne on the Occasion of His Sixtieth Birthday. University of West Indies Press, 1996.
· Roberts, P.A. West Indians and Their Language. Cambridge University Press, 1988.
· Taylor, Douglas MacRae. Languages of the West Indies. Johns Hopkins University Press, 1977.
"The Infography about the English Language in the Caribbean"
© 2009 Fields of Knowledge
Essex, Iowa 51638-4608 USA