Ridgway, Matthew B. (1895-1993)
The following sources are recommended by a professor whose research specialty is U.S. Army General Matthew Bunker Ridgway.
· Soffer, Jonathan Milton. "General Matthew B. Ridgway: Postwar Warrior, 1946-1986." Ph.D. Dissertation, Columbia University, 1992.
· Appleman, Roy E. Ridgway Duels for Korea. Texas A & M University Military History Series No. 17, Texas A & M University Press, 1990.
· Edwards, Paul M. General Matthew B. Ridgway: An Annotated Bibliography. Greenwwod Press, 1993.
· Blair, Clay. Ridgway's Paratroopers: The American Airborne in World War II. United States Naval Institute, 2002.
· Mossman, Billy C. Ebb and Flow, November 1950-July 1951. U.S. Army Center of Military History, U.S. Government Printing Office, 1990.
· Ridgway, Matthew B. The Korean War: How We Met the Challenge: How All-Out Asian War Was Averted: Why Macarthur Was Dismissed: Why Today's War Objectives Must be Limited. DaCapo Press, 1988.
· Michener, James. "A Tough Man for a Tough Job." Life Magazine, May 12, 1952, 103-14.
· Hetzel, Frederick A., and Harold L. Hitchens. "An Interview with General Matthew B. Ridgway." Western Pennsylvania Historical Magazine, 65, 4 (October 1982), 279-307.
· Bell, William Gardner. Commanding Generals and Chiefs of Staff, 1775-1991: Portraits and Biographical Sketches of the United States Army's Senior Officer. U.S. Army Center of Military History, U.S. Government Printing Office, 1999.
· "The New Chief of Staff." Army Combat Forces Journal, 4 (September 1953), 8.
· Ridgway, Matthew. "Nuclear Wars Can Be Small." Life Magazine, July 25, 1955, 26.
· Lofgren, Stephen. "Nonconcurrence by U.S. Army Chiefs of Staff with National Military Strategy: General Matthew B. Ridgway and General Maxwell Taylor." Chief of Military History Information Paper, 5 (December 1990).
· Soffer, Jonathan M. General Matthew B. Ridgway: From Progressivism to Reaganism, 1895-1993. Greenwood Press, 1998.
"The Infography about Matthew Ridgway (1895-1993)"
© 2009 Fields of Knowledge
Essex, Iowa 51638-4608 USA