The following sources are recommended by a professor whose research specialty is military sociology.
· Morris Janowitz, The Professional Soldier, A Social and Political Portrait (Free Press, 1960)
· Samuel P. Huntington, The Soldier and the State (Vintage Books, 1964)
· John Keegan, The Face of Battle (Viking Press, 1976)
· Martin Van Creveld, The Transformation of War (Free Press, 1991)
· Sam C. Sarkesian and Robert E. Connor, Jr., The U.S. Military Profession into the Twenty-First Century (Frank Cass, 1999)
· Charles C. Moskos, John Williams, and David R. Segal, eds., The Postmodern Military: Armed Forces after the Cold War (Oxford University Press, 2000)
"The Infography about Military Sociology"
© 2009 Fields of Knowledge
Essex, Iowa 51638-4608 USA