Sea Level and Global Hydrology
The following sources are recommended by a professor whose research specialty is global hydrology and changes in sea levels.
· Sea level rise, Ch. 11 of Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) Third Assessment Report, Working Group I, Hougton, J., et al., eds., Cambridge University Press, 2001.
· Global physical effects of anthropogenic hydrological alterations: sea level and water redistribution, Sahagian, D., Global and Planetary Change, 2000 JUL, V25 N1-2:39-48.
· Annual cycle in mean sea level from Topex-Poseidon and ERS-1: inference on the global hydrological cycle, Minster, J.F., Cazenave, A., Serafini, Y.V., Mercier, F., et al., Global and Planetary Change, 1999 JAN, V20 N1:57-66.
· Sea Level Rise: History and Consequences, Douglas, B., Kearney, M., and Leatherman, S., eds., Academic Press, 2001, 232 pp.
· Effects of anthropogenic intervention in the land hydrologic cycle on global sea level rise, Gornitz, V., Rosenzweig, C., and Hillel, D., Global and Planetary Change, 1997 FEB, V14 N3-4:147-161.
· Global and Regional Sea-Level Changes and the Hydrological Cycle, Sahagian, D., and Zerbini, S., GAIM Report Ser. #8, 2000, IGBP/GAIM, 33 pp. http://gaim.sr.unh.edu/Products/Reports/Report_8/
· Anthropogenic disturbance of the terrestrial water cycle, Vorosmarty, C.J., and Sahagian, D., Bioscience, 2000 SEP, V50 N9:753-765.
· Sea Surface Studies: A Global View, Devoy, R., ed., Croom Helm, 1987, 649 pp.
· Sea Level Change, Geopyhysics Study Committee, Commission on Physical Sciences and Resources, National Research Council, National Academy of Sciences, 1990, 234 pp.
· Climate and Sea Level Change: Observations, Projections and Implications, Warrick, R., Barrow, E., and Wigley, T., eds., Cambridge University Press, 1993, 424 pp.
· A review of some concepts involved in the sea-level rise problem, Diez, J.J., Journal of Coastal Research, 2000 Fall, V16 N4:1179-1184.
· Indicators of Climate Change in the UK: Sea Level Rise, Sparks, T.H., and Cannell, M.G.R., Centre for Ecology and Hydrology, Natural Environment Research Council. http://www.ecn.ac.uk/iccuk//indicators/9.htm
· Land Water Storage and Sea Level Rise, Goddard institute for Space Studies, NASA. http://www.giss.nasa.gov/research/briefs/gornitz_06/
"The Infography about Sea Level and Global Hydrology"
© 2009 Fields of Knowledge
Essex, Iowa 51638-4608 USA