Music, Popular, and Society
The following sources are recommended by a professor whose research specialty is popular music.
· Robert Burnett, The Global Jukebox: The International Music Industry (Routledge Press, 1996).
· Simon Frith, Performing Rites: On the Value of Popular Music (Harvard University Press, 1996).
· Andrew Goodwin, Dancing in the Distraction Factory: Music Television and Popular Culture (University of Minnesota Press, 1992).
· Keith Negus, Popular Music in Theory: An Introduction (Polity Press, 1996).
· Donald Passman, All You Need to Know about the Music Business (Simon and Schuster, 1997).
· David Sanjek, "Popular Music and the Synergy of Corporate Culture," in Mapping the Beat: Popular Music and Contemporary Theory, ed. Thomas Swiss, Andrew Herman, and John Sloop (Blackwell Publishers, 198), pp. 171-186.
· Gilbert Rodman and Norma Coates, Everyday I Write the Book: A Bibliography of (Mostly) Academic Work on Rock and Pop. http://www.comm.umn.edu/~grodman/biblio/biblio-front.html
"The Infography about Popular Music and Society"
© 2009 Fields of Knowledge
Essex, Iowa 51638-4608 USA