The following sources are recommended by a professor whose research specialty is ergonomics.
· Karwowski, W., and Marras, W.S. (editors). Occupational Ergonomics Handbook, CRC Press, 1999.
· Chaffin, D.B., Andersson, G.B.J., and Martin, B.J. Occupational Biomechanics, Third Edition, John Wiley and Sons, 1999.
· Viikari-Juntura, E., and Silverstein, B. (1999) Role of physical load factors in carpal tunnel syndrome. Scand. J. Work Environ. Health, 25(3):163-185.
· Frank, J.W., Kerr, M.S., Brooker, A.S., DeMaio, S.E., Maetzel, A., Shannon, H.S., Sullivan, T.J., Norman, R.W., and Wells, R.P. (1996) Disability resulting from occupational low back pain, Part I: What do we know about primary prevention? A review of the scientific evidence on prevention before disability begins. Spine, 24:2908-2917.
· Westgaard, R.H., and Winkel, J. (1997) Ergonomic intervention research for improved musculoskeletal health: A critical review. Int. J. Industrial Ergo., 20:463-500.
· National Research Council. Work-Related Musculosksletal Disorders: Report, Workshop Summary, and Workshop Papers, National Academy Press, 1999.
· Bernard, B.P. (editor). Musculoskeletal Disorders and Workplace Factors: A Critical Review of Epidemiologic Evidence for Work-Related Musculoskeletal Disorders of the Neck, Upper Extremity, and Low Back, U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, (NIOSH) Publication 97-141, 1997.
· Hoogendoorn, W.E., van Poppel, M.N., Bongers, P.M., Koes, B.K., and Bouter L.M. (1999) Physical load during work and leisure time as risk factors for back pain. Scand. J. Work Environ. Health, 25(5):387-403.
"The Infography about Ergonomics"
© 2009 Fields of Knowledge
Essex, Iowa 51638-4608 USA